Vernazza by Train
For further information and timetable please visit the website www.trenitalia.com
- By train from France: from Nizza/Ventimiglia border pass you reach the cities of Sanremo, Imperia, Savona, Genova, Sestri Levante, Riva Trigoso, Moneglia, Deiva Marina and then Framura. The journey lasts approximately 5 Hours and it is 240 Km long.
Usually it is necessary to change train at least once: in Genoa (in Piazza Principe or Brignole) or in Sestri Levante.
From Modane border pass you cross the border with the TGV (Train Grande Vitesse) to Milan with stops in Bardonecchia or Torino Porta Susa. In Milano Centrale you change train and get on an Intercity train to Genova. Usually in Genoa you have to change train and take a regional train direction La Spezia and then you get off in Vernazza. The journey lasts approximately 4 hours and it is a little bit more than 200 Km long.
- By Train from Switzerland: from Sempione border pass, coming from Bern, you can easily reach Milano Centrale with a “Cisalpino” : an Euro-City train that reaches Milan Central Station in about 4 hours and 30 minutes covering a distance of about 370 Km. From Milan to Framura you can follow the already given information.
Across Chiasso border, passing by Como you can reach Milan in 1 hour and 30 minutes with trains from Lugano covering a distance of about 80 Km. From Milan to Framura you can follow the already given information.
The ones loving breathtaking panoramas can reach Italy passing through Bernina Pass: this particular railway line links St Moritz with Tirano (Valtellina, nearby Sondrio) in approximately 2 hours covering a distance of 60 Km.
From Tirano you can take a train to Milano Centrale, reachable in 2 hours and 30 minutes. From Milan to Vernazza you can follow the already given information.
- By Train from Austria: from Brennero pass you can reach easily Italy by train too. For example, there are al lot of trains connecting Innsbruck to Milan in about 5 hours covering a distance of approximately 500 Km. From Milan to Vernazza you can follow the already given information.
- By train from Slovenia: from the borders located in the city of Gorizia you can reach Milan by train. From Gorizia railway station there are a lot of Intercity trains connecting it to Milan in about 5 hours covering a distance of about 390 Km. Usually there is a train change in Venezia Mestre railway station. From Milan to Vernazza you can follow the already given information.
- By Train from Italy: for the ones coming from the North the best solution is reaching Genoa, then Sestri Levante, where often you need to change train. Then you proceed passing by Riva Trigoso, Moneglia, Deiva Marina, Framura, Bonassola, Levanto, Monterosso and then Vernazza.
The line Genoa-Framura lasts about 1 hour and 40 minutes and covers a distance of about 80 Km. The line Milan-Vernazza lasts about 3 hours and covers a distance of about 180 Km. The line Turin-Vernazza lasts about 3 hours and 30 minutes and covers a distance of about 240 Km.
Another line connects Parma with La Spezia and then Vernazza, but trains run less frequent than in the other line. From Milan or Turin can be sometimes necessary in Genoa or Sestri Levante.
For the ones coming from the Center or South you reach La Spezia from where, with a regional train, you can easily reach Vernazza.
The journey La Spezia-Vernazza lasts about 15 Minutes and covers a distance of about 18 Km. The journey Florence-Framura lasts about 3 hours and covers a distance of about 150 Km (often you have to change train in Pisa).
The journey Rome-Framura lasts approximately 5 Hours and covers a distance of about 400 Km (often you have to change train in Pisa or in La Spezia).
By train from Deiva Marina:
There are lots of trains leaving from Deiva Marina to Vernazza, which is the next station direction La Spezia. The line is Genoa-La Spezia, and usually you have to catch regional trains stopping in each station. The frequency is very high (approximately one train every our) and the journey lasts about 10 minutes.